Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
About the Walk
- What is the SHF Pledge Your Heart Walk 2018?
In celebration for the annual Go Red for Women Campaign, SHF organised the biennial SHF Pledge Your Heart Walk to encourage members of the public to show their support for women with heart diseases, walk for a good cause and raising awareness for CVD in women. It also serves as an opportunity for women and their family to step out of their homes and encourage proactive lifestyles, so that they can stay fit and get healthy together! It also helps to promote family bonding.
Upon registration and completion of walk, participants will be rewarded with a pledge tee, finisher's medal and goodie bag.
- What is Go Red for Women Campaign?
Go Red for Women (GRFW) is an international awareness campaign dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and control of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in women. The American Heart Association initiated the GRFW movement in 2004, to empower women with the right knowledge and essential tools to take charge of their heart health. The World Heart Federation, together with its members, has taken the campaign globally to inform women worldwide that heart diseases and stroke combined, is their No. 1 killer.
- Why Women?
8.6 million women die of CVD worldwide each year, which is about 1 death per minute. Women take on multiple roles, from being gatekeepers to their family’s health, to having a job and undergoing pregnancy and menopause. Women are as vulnerable as men to get CVD. Knowing the common risk factors and recognising the signs and symptoms is the first step in fighting against CVD and saving women’s lives.
More information is available at: https://www.goredforwomen.org/.
- When and where will the walk be held?
Pledge Your Heart Walk 2018 will be held at Punggol Waterway Park on 23rd June 2018, Saturday.
- What are the distances of the walk?
3km and 5.5km walk.
- What time does the walk start?
Flag-off is at 9.00am.
- What time and where should I report to on the day itself?
Participants are encouraged to report at 8.15am, near the stage/carnival area. Participants who require the bag deposit service are encouraged to arrive earlier.
- What will happen if I miss the flag off timing?
Participants will be given a 15-minute grace period from the flag-off time, thereafter they will not be allowed to participate due to traffic control and other safety reasons.
- Can I walk without my event tee?
Yes, but participants are strongly encouraged to wear their event tee or dressed in red to show support for the event.
- Where are the start and finish points?
Start and finish points are located under the Adventurer Bridge. Please refer to the Pledge Your Heart Walk 2018 Route Map.
- What are the walk route?
Please refer to the Pledge Your Heart Walk 2018 Route Map.
- Where can I place my belongings during the walk?
Baggage deposit services will be provided at the event site. However, participants are advised to pack light on walk day and refrain from bringing valuables to the event.
- Can I bring along my pets?
Participants are not encouraged to bring pets.
- Can I bring along a stroller?
Strollers are allowed. However, we would like to encourage you to start the walk at the back of the crowd and keep to the left during the walk.
- Can I skate or cycle during the event?
Due to safety of all participants, skating or cycling is prohibited during the event.
- Is there safety coverage along the route?
Participants can approach any of our route marshals or medical personnel en-route to seek assistance.
- Where are the water points located?
There will be water points located at the mid-point of the 5.5km route and at the finishing line.
- Any finisher's medal for registered participants?
Yes. A Finisher Medal, applicable to all categories will be given to registered participants upon completion of the walk.
- Are there prizes to be won?
All registered participants (child not included) are entitled to a chance in the lucky draw.
- What are the lane or road closures?
There will not be any lane or road closures for the event.
- Is there a cut-off time for the walk?
Yes. The cut-off time for the walk is 2 hours from the flag-off.
- What happens if it rains?
Should there be a drizzle, the walk will continue. In the event of bad weather (with lightning risk), the Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the walk, shorten the walk or modify the walk course. However, should the inclement weather persist, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the walk without any refund of the registration fee.
- Can I participate in the carnival if I did not register?
Yes. The carnival is open to the public and you are welcome to visit the carnival booths.
- What are the registration fees?
Registration Fees Categories 3km 5.5km Individual Adult
(14 years old and above)
$18 $20 Buddy Adults
(Pair of 2 adults)
$32 $36 Corporate/Group^
(20 pax or more)
$15/pax $17/pax 1 Adult + Child*
(4 to 13 years old)
*Applicable to 3km walk only
^For Corporate/Group registration, please write in to email@example.com.
Note: Registration is non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- What is the mode of registration and payment?
Only credit card payment via VISA or MasterCard is accepted.
- Is GST included in the registration fee?
Yes. 7% GST is included in the registration fee.
- How do I know if my registration is successful?
You will receive a confirmation slip via your registered email.
- What if I do not receive the confirmation slip after my registration?
This could be due to a variety of reasons as follows:
- Your registration was not successful and therefore the confirmation slip was not rendered.
- There could be an error in your email at the point of registration so the confirmation slip was unable to be sent to the correct email address.
- The email has been clocked by your mail server and/or is treated as spam.
If you need any assistance please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your details such as Name, NRIC/Passport No. and Contact. We will reply to you within 2 working days.
- When is the closing date for registration?
The closing date for registration is 10th June 2018 at 2359 hrs. No registration will be entertained after this date. However, the Organisers reserve the right to close the registration earlier should participation rates reach our intended capacity before the registration closing date.
- Can I sign up for the event on the day of the event?
There will be no onsite registration and thus we strongly encourage sign-ups to be done during the early registration period.
- If I am unable to attend the event after registration, can I get a refund?
No. The registration entry is strictly non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- If I am unable to attend the event after registration, can my friend take over the place?
No. The registration entry is strictly non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- Can I amend my personal particulars after submitting my registration?
Yes. You can send an email to email@example.com to inform about the necessary amendments. However, no amendments will be allowed after 10th June 2018, 2359hrs.
- Can I request to change the size of the running t-shirt after registration or during the Walk Pack Collection?
No. We seek your understanding that changing of sizes will not be entertained once your registration details are submitted and confirmed. However, please be assured that the size selection made based on the sizing chart we have displayed should provide you with the most accurate fitting.
- What is the participant’s entitlement?
- Event pledge tee
- Walk pack with sponsored items
- Finisher's medal
- A lucky draw chance
- What are the Walk Pack Collection details?
Date 16th & 17th June 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) Time 12.00pm - 7.00pm Venue Singapore Heart Foundation
9 Bishan Place,
#07-01 Junction 8 (Office Tower),
- Any other dates to collect my walk pack?
No. Walk packs must be collected from 16th to 17th June 2018, between 12.00pm to 7.00pm. There will be no collection of walk pack available on the event day.
- What if I am unable to collect my walk pack?
You may authorise someone to collect your walk pack on your behalf, do download and complete the Authorisation Form and bring it along for the collection.
- How to make an Offline Donation?
- Make cheque payable to “Singapore Heart Foundation”, indicate for Pledge Your Heart Walk 2018 at the back of the cheque
- Post it to the address: 9 Bishan Place, #07-01 Junction 8 (Office Tower), Singapore 579837, Attention: Ms Jeslin Sin
For further enquiries, please contact us.